I AM SO EXCITED. Finally, the universe has put together great minds to put together the product I have wanted for YEARS: Bone Broth Protein Powder. I have been disappointed with protein powder options ever since I became a nutritional therapist. I didn’t like the oxidized cholesterol that came with whey protein, egg white protein seemed like a great way to make food allergies worse, pea and hemp were ok, but incomplete and had a funky taste/texture. Beef protein powder in small amounts was acceptable, but tasted horrible and was so high in methionine. When I heard about Ancient Nutrition’s Bone Broth Protein Powder- I freaked out. Finally, someone was making everything I had always wanted. My friends were announcing their engagements, weddings and arrival of babies, and I was announcing the birth of Bone Broth Protein Powder. After receiving my jar of bone broth protein powder, I opened it up faster than a kid opening a present on Christmas morning. I tasted the pure powder, afraid it would taste like death, as one would imagine a bone broth powder might taste, but instead, it was almost tasteless- with a slight hint of savory glory. I tried it in their different recipes: a soup, a smoothie and a brownie recipe. It was amazing in each recipe, adding a flavor and consistency to them that complimented the dishes nicely. It has 20 grams of protein per scoop, along with massive amounts of collagen, proline, glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid. These ingredients are what make bone broth so great for supporting the gut and joints.
Today, I’ll share the brownie recipe. These brownies are slightly sweet, and full of amazing nutrients to help support your immune system and gut. Because I’m super sensitive to a lot of foods, this recipe is egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free and dairy-free. Although I don’t typically have a lot of recipes with chocolate in them, I was making these brownies for a wedding party, and thought that more people would be willing to try them if there were some delicious chocolate chips in there. If you’re sensitive to chocolate, leave it out and enjoy a sweet potato treat.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
- 2 large (or 3 medium) sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup of ghee, coconut oil, palm shortening or butter if you can handle it
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- ¾ cup of arrowroot flour
- 7 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Clove Essential Oil
- 3 tablespoons of gelatin (or 2 eggs if you can tolerate them)
- 1-2 scoops of Pure Bone Broth Protein Powder (Chocolate and vanilla flavor will work too)
- 10 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine all the ingredients together, blending well to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour into baking pan, and bake for 35-50 minutes (keep your eye on it). When you can stick a fork in it and pull it out clean, it is done. If you like it fudgier, take it out when the fork is still a little dirty!