Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
This recipe is so smooth, creamy and full of flavor. It's a great side dish to go along with almost anything! Making a chicken curry? Throw it on top of this! After I took this photo, I threw a stir-fry version of my Lamb Kofta recipe on top. It was heavenly. Your picky eaters will gobble it up. Your body will love you.
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 2 small heads of cauliflower (I had two small ones from my local farmer)
- 1/3 cup of unsalted grass-fed butter (I used Kerrygold butter... unsalted because most butter companies do not use a high quality salt in their butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon of celtic sea salt, himalayan pink salt or some other mineral-dense salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, or 2-4 peeled and chopped garlic cloves
- Chop cauliflower and add to a pot of boiling water.
- Boil until soft then turn off the heat.
- Strain and discard liquid, then put cauliflower back into pot.
- Add butter, salt and spices.
- Using an immersion blender (one of my top five favorite kitchen tools), puree your ingredients in the pot until smooth. Add more spices or butter as needed!