Today, I’ll share the brownie recipe. These brownies are slightly sweet, and full of amazing nutrients to help support your immune system and gut. Because I’m super sensitive to a lot of foods, this recipe is egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free and dairy-free. Although I don’t typically have a lot of recipes with chocolate in them, I was making these brownies for a wedding party, and thought that more people would be willing to try them if there were some delicious chocolate chips in there. If you’re sensitive to chocolate, leave it out and enjoy a sweet potato treat.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
- 2 large (or 3 medium) sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup of ghee, coconut oil, palm shortening or butter if you can handle it
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- ¾ cup of arrowroot flour
- 7 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Clove Essential Oil
- 3 tablespoons of gelatin (or 2 eggs if you can tolerate them)
- 1-2 scoops of Pure Bone Broth Protein Powder (Chocolate and vanilla flavor will work too)
- 10 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine all the ingredients together, blending well to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour into baking pan, and bake for 35-50 minutes (keep your eye on it). When you can stick a fork in it and pull it out clean, it is done. If you like it fudgier, take it out when the fork is still a little dirty!